Reporting to the NPD Manager, the NPD Specialist will give full support to the delivery of development projects from concept to launch to agreed timelines and commercial targets. The incumbent will bring new projects to life from early evaluation, identification and concept through to market launch stage. They work closely with internal and external stakeholders to ensure new product projects are delivered to plan.
· Identifies, sources and develops projects for Scope’s healthcare and ophthalmic divisions.
· Carries out field visits with Scope’s BDMs and managers to get a good understanding of our customers wants and needs regarding NPD.
· Working with Sales Teams to identify new projects and new products.
· Fully understand our direct competitors and new developments by our competitors or potential competitors.
· Complete research and evidence analysis as part of the evaluations of new projects.
· Working with key customers and KOLs with a view of building a strong resource network of clinicians to help identify or assist the evaluation of new projects.
· Identifying and working with current and potential manufacturing partners and suppliers.
· Communicating and interacting across all divisions, such as Finance, L&D, Marketing and Sales to ensure a successful launch.
· Work with the relevant regulatory bodies or regulatory consultants to ensure the correct process and procedures are carried out for the launch of a new product.
· To ensure all specifications and costing information is checked routinely and is factually correct prior to go to market planning or market launch.
· Successfully delivers new product assignments using strong project management principles and effective stakeholder management.
· Provides regular project status updates and reports as needed.
· Support the NPD Manager with presentations for both internal and external meetings.
· Is fully aware of and aligned to Scope’s commercial strategies.
- Third Level Degree in Business or Technical Discipline
- Qualification or training in project management is desirable.
- Qualification or membership of a professional body is desirable e.g. ABPI, MII
Specific Knowledge,Skills and Experience
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in new product launches or go to market planning within a commercial organisation is desirable
- Ideally has a background in NPD and/or innovation because of a natural inquisitiveness and creativity
- Must have a passion for Healthcare with an excellent understanding of the market and specifically ophthalmology. Can show a good understanding of the nutritional benefits of food supplements.
- Experience in formulation and manufacturingprocess knowledge is desirable.
- Is a commercially focused person who can combine creativity with an understanding of full scale production practicalities and regulatory compliance.
- Can demonstrate excellent Project management skills.
- Has a proven track record of presenting and influencing at senior levels.
- Can make decisions and manage effectively within a fast paced and changing environment.
- Ability to work effectively within strict cost/time parameters.
- Exceptional awareness of detail through all the stages of processes of new product development.
- Driven to deliver on goals and objectives, this person can also work effectively within a cross functional team.
- Computer literate across Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Adobe Suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Has the flexibility and desire to travel regularly within Ireland, UK and International (25%). Is prepared to attend exhibitions and conferences outside normal office hours.
- Full driving licence essential.