· Responsible for direct management of agreed territories
· Participate in the design of sales and marketing policies, plans and procedures that will secure maximum profitable sales volume for the business.
· Communicate the Business Strategy to your team and ensure each individual is aware how their role contributes to the overall success of the business.
· Monitor Sales in the territory and ensure BDMs have robust business plans in place to protect current revenue and take advantage of growth opportunities
· Establish and execute Quarterly Reviews of Business Plans providing guidance and support to BDMs as needed
· Ensure compliance with agreed Sales Cycles –Priority products, bonus products, new product launches etc
· Ensure the Director is fully informed on the conditions of business and market through regular reporting providing recommendations for action as warranted.
· Motivate the team and plan the use of resources in medium and long term in order to achieve sales targets.
· Responsible for the appointment, promotion and guidance of personnel within his/her responsibility
· Ensure BDM’s reach the Essential level of Knowledge, Skills and Competency for their role providing and arranging coaching, mentoring and training where needed.
· Manage your team through the Performance and Development Management Process (PDMP) ensuring all milestones and timelines are achieved and appropriate performance and potential ratings are assigned to individuals.
· Establish performance (e.g. Sales Targets) and behavioural expectations (e.g. Planning and Organisation) for member of theirteam in line with the Values, Business Strategy, Role Responsibilities and Competencies.
· Through Field Visits and 1:1 meetings, continually appraise the effectiveness of individual performance and be an effective listener. Maintain equal support for all of your team, engage in appropriate conversations depending on the circumstances of each situation:
o On the job Coaching, Mentoring and/or Training to enhance skills and knowledge
o Constructive Feedback
o Disciplinary Action
· Support employees, particularly those rated as high potential, in completing their development actions e.g. getting them involved in activities or projects that provide them opportunity to ‘stretch’.
· Contribute to developing effective reward systems that focus on those who make significant contributions to business success
· Seek opportunities to engage our remote workforce and ensure our people feel connected and valued by Scope.
Customer and Account Focus
· Responsible for providing additional focus on key accounts as the situation dictates and as directed by the Director
· Recommend to the Director: Pricing of tenders taking into consideration market intelligence information; Plans for product and product line revision; New product introductions and product launches;Recommend promotion and advertising programs; Scope participation in any congress/conferences.
· Monitor your team’s compliance with CRM milestones and timelines to ensure that our CRM system is an accurate and useful database for Scope in manage and maintaining effective customer relations and account management.
Product & MarketKnowledge
· To be fully aware of market trends, competitor environment and make strategic recommendations
· Compile and prepare sales statistics and market information, analyse the information and submit recommendations to Directors for assessment and decision making.
· Review and discuss territory data regularly with the team (e.g. IMS).
· Work with the Marketing Team to ensure all field force marketing needs are met.
· Establish and keep in close contact with Scope marketing staff in regard to business strategy, product knowledge and technical questions.
· Proactively seek feedback from your team, peers and more senior management on personal performance, and to act on development areas highlighted by their response.
· Construct a personal development plan with significant guidance from your manager and to take personal accountability for implementing this plan.
· Continuously seek to improve personal skills,knowledge and competencies in order to improve performance and be effective in giving feedback and coaching/mentoring/training to your team.
· Take part in all company training activities(e.g. ITC, New Product launches, new system and process implementations), and to continuously strive to improve and role model a continuous learning approach.
Administration &Company Equipment
· Complete all administrative tasks in line with processes requirements and hold members of your team accountable for same. For example:
o Expenses and Mileage
o Meeting Requests
o HR Online Approvals
· Maintain all company equipment in a good state at all times ensuring people on your team do likewise.
Complete all company administration in a timely and accurate fashion.
Educational Requirement and Experience
· University degree qualification or equivalent in a related field - required
· Masters of professional qualification (e.g.ABPI) – desirable
· Holder of a current full driving license
Skills and Experience
· Proven experience in a sales environment at a management / leadership level
· Sound background and experience in life sciences or business – required
· Commercial awareness/business acumen of the vision care market, pharmaceutical and/or medical devices industry; knowledge and understanding of products, services and marketplace
· Operational Sales/Key Account experience
· Demonstrated entrepreneurial ability (i.e.identification and development of business opportunities)
· Practical experience of customer and channel management
· Knowledge and experience of industry environment and strategy including local decisions, impacts on, and changes affecting customers
· Experience of successfully leading, coaching and motivating a sales team to achieve business targets at a regional and/or national level
· Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and manage sales team members to achieve role objectives by engaging in strong performance management processes, inclusive of objective setting and monitoring of performance
· Proven commercial acumen, with clear insight andunderstanding of the business market dynamics and the ability to accurately assess and convey this intelligence to inform plans and targets
· Proven ability to execute commercial deliverables, and seek out and deliver success in an empowering, motivated and mature manner
· Collaborative leader with an impressive track record leading change
· Proven ability to hire, develop, lead and motivate people in a complex organization
Experience working within a blue chip organisation (eye care or healthcare industry ideal) – desirable