Learning & Development Manager - UK South East
This role reports to the Group HR Manager and will bring a high degree of training expertise to all areas of the business. The person will design and deliver effective training programmes(e.g. Initial Training Course) and learning interventions (e.g. field coaching)that support business operations particularly in the Commercial areas of the business.
In conjunction with Business Unit Leads and Function Heads, this person will identify training needs and create an annual training plan for the business. They will work with Internal and External (Supplier Partners, KOL’s, 3rd Party Consultants) Stakeholders to design and deliver training and learning interventions and measure their effectiveness in growing capability across the business.
This role will require extensive travel across the UK and Ireland (60%).
Design, create and delivery of training materials to support the commercial and functional teams including:
· Consistent design of all training courses using best practice materials and approaches to training that meet the needs of the business and individual learning preferences.
· Control and approval of all training materials for use by Managers, BDMs etc within their teams.
· Design and deliver disease and product courses consistentwith the Knowledge and Skills Map (KSM) for each role. This will also include:
o National healthcare knowledge – (Formulary process and healthcare programmes of reform etc) where appropriate
o Consistent approach to customer insights
o Understanding of competitors in the marketplace
· Design and execute with key stakeholders a comprehensive phased ITC for all new hires that supports their upskilling through their initial 6-12 months with Scope.
· Support the functional team by providing advice and support on the design of training on key business process (e.g. expenses)and systems (e.g. CRM).
Execution of the Training Plan
· Support each BU and Functional Head in undertaking Training Needs Analysis for their teams and consolidate the agreed priorities into an annual Training Plan.
· Using various mediums (workshops, webinars,Podcasts, self-directed learning, Best practice bank) provide learning interventions that support the achievement of the plan. This should include a calendar of key training courses and events e.g. 4 ITC’s per annum
· Working with managers to ensure successful adoption and delivery of the training plan ensuring they undertake regular reviews take place with team members e.g. part of Field Visit agenda.
· Support the creation of a consistent selling approach within and across the BUs
· Design and deliver initial and refresher training for both Managers and BDMs to embed the sales approach.
· Design and integrate with the Field Visit Process a feedback and coaching model that supports ‘on the job’ development of our BU Teams.
Coaching and Development of Managers (in conjunction with HR)
· Support the development and delivery of a Management/ Leadership Training programme
· Support the roll out a consistent Feedback and Coaching model to all Managers
· In coordination with the Commercial Directors and HR assess individual training needs of the Managers and support individual training needs.
· Provides support and tools for the NSM/RSM to help in their Field training activities.
· Develop and roll out metrics to measure the progres sof training against the annual training plan
· Put in place bespoke measures to track ROI against key programmes e.g. Sales Effectiveness, Feedback and Coaching
Product & Market Knowledge
· Keep up-to-date with relevant therapeutic areas and update various knowledge and best practice share banks
· Be aware of market trends, competitor environment and make strategic recommendations
· Establish and keep in close contact with Scope marketing staff in regard to business strategy, product knowledge and technical questions.
· Proactively seek feedback from your team, peers and more senior management on personal performance, and to act on development areas highlighted by their response.
· Construct a personal development plan with guidance from your manager and take personal accountability for implementing this plan.
· Continuously seek to improve personal skills,knowledge and competencies in order to improve performance and be effective in giving feedback and coaching/mentoring/training to your team.
Administration & Company Equipment
· Complete all administrative tasks in line with processes requirements and hold members of your team accountable for same. For example:
o Expenses and Mileage
o HR Online Approvals
· Maintain all company equipment in a good state at all times ensuring people on your team do likewise.
· Complete all company administration in a timely and accurate fashion.
· 3rd Level Science, Technical or Business Qualification
· Training or related qualification or certification
· Substantial experience of training design and delivery within a Commercial environment, ideally within the pharmaceutical or medical devices industry.
· A demonstrable appreciation for the commercial aspects of the sector with the ideal candidate having worked in a field sales position during their career. Experience leading a team of sales professionals is desirable.
· Experience of using coaching techniques to drive in field development of Sales professionals is required. Having a formal coaching qualification is desirable.
· Facilitation skills and experience of delivering managerial/leadership skills programmes would be advantageous.
Excellent verbal, written, presentation and analytical skills. Designs and delivers creative training/learning interventions that engage participants and achieve learning objectives
· Demonstrated ability to understand the science and clinical aspects of a product portfolio
· Excellent planning and organisation skills with an ability to work at a strategic level yet also drive daily execution of the plan.
· A real team player who will relate well to colleagues and will seize the opportunity to develop good relationships with them.
· Proven ability to work cross functionally and with external stakeholders eg. Supplier Partners, HCPs etc.
· Ability to challenge and influence change.
· Initiative – able to operate with minimal supervision knowing when to consult / inform.
· A good sense of humour and a bright,enthusiastic personality.
· Willingness to travel extensively (60%)