Key Account Manager – UK Ophthalmology (North)
This role ensures that our interaction with our Key Account Hospitals is collaborative in nature and ensures deeper penetration with device portfolio in these accounts. This will be accomplished by understanding and anticipating the current and future business needs of the key accounts, communicating these across the organisation and presenting technical and business solutions to meet those needs. You will be the device lead for approx. 20 NHS sites and another approx. 40 private sites and effective team work with the Business Development Manager is essential to success in this role.
· Ensure excellent communication between key customers and internal teams
· Developing trust relationships with a portfolio of key customers
· Ability to build strong internal relationships with key stakeholders in support of the Sales Plan in line your objectives and theirs.
· Expanding the relationships with existing customers by continuously proposing solutions that meet their objectives
· Getting the time with these key customers to effectively sell our device products
· Ensure the correct products and services are delivered to customers in a timely manner
· Address any quality issues as required, act as a dedicated after sales support to key customers buying device product
· Identify and implement process improvement
· Understanding structural and policy changes relating to devices at our key accounts
· Devising strategies, recommendations and briefing documents for working with these key accounts.
· Attention to detail is a must with an ability to summarise and communicate the outputs of complex and lengthy documents
· Understand the key drivers behind our business with the key accounts; be able to identify and examine issues with KPIs and bring these to the attention of the key accounts or the appropriate internal Scope team
· Be inquisitive about how the key accounts operate; work at identifying any needs outside of current Scope product offering and flag these with team management and other relevant internal departments.
· Train key account staff to help them understand and educate patients on the need for these devices.
· Act as a strong customer advocate within the business to ensure that all internal stakeholders understand the key challenges in the marketplace
· Identify and understand the decision-making process within each account to ensure our engagement strategy identifies and builds relationships with all key decision makers and influencers.
· Engage through all levels and functions to develop key account relationships.
· Flexible attitude to working hours and willingness to travel across Southern UK (75%).
· Business or Science related third level qualification required
· Professional qualifications and memberships desirable
Specific Knowledge,Skills and Experience
· 5+years’ experience in a related area is required
· Experience in account management is desirable
· Ability to take on challenging product knowledge
· Ability to influence and lead others without direct-line management responsibility
· Energy, resilience and enthusiasm is a key advantage in this role
· Customer focused
· High attention to detail
· Ability to work well on one’s own initiative and as part of a cross functional team
· Communication and interpersonal skills -comfortable and capable of communicating with all levels within and outside the business both written and verbal with a high level of professionalism.
· Organisational skills - self-motivated and able to demonstrate strong organisation and prioritisation skills in a sales and relationship management environment.
· Personal Effectiveness - must be able to work under pressure and autonomously; successfully manage a very diverse and demanding workload.
· Strong technical and computer literacy; skilled in the use of tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.