Business Development Manager (BDM) Primary Care - Thames Valley
GP/Nurse focused role in one of the fastest growing most innovative companies in the Ophthalmology market place. Due to a highly innovative market leading product portfolio as well as positive formulary positioning, this role has been created to maximise the high sales potential. available across this area.
Deliver quarterly and annual territory targets in line with national budget expectations for the financial year.
- Improving GP and nurse knowledge of product portfolio and disease area
- Gaining access to GP’s, nurses and influencers in the practices on this territory.
- Working strategically with the Regional Account Team, including Hospital Account Managers and Healthcare Development Manager to highlight and educate GP’s and nurses about favourable pathways and protocols.
- Increase market share in each area in line with company objectives.
- Provide training and product trials to customers in support of the Sales cycle and new product launch plans
- Communicate market and competitor information with a focus on sharing potential opportunities with colleagues to maximise business potential. Where appropriate forward customer enquiries to other Scope divisions.
- Develop efficient and effective call / route planning to maximise use of time.
- Effectively use agreed business reporting tools and comply with expected standards: CRM System, Expenses, car policy, SOP's.
- Represent Scope in a professional manner on all occasions. To take ownership of local customer queries, ensuring they are handled in a timely and professional manner.
- To attend meetings, conferences, and exhibitions to (1) promote company image and selected range of products and (2) expand personal knowledge of disease areas and competitors products and strategies.
- Invest in ongoing personal development with a focus on improving and refreshing knowledge of disease areas, the Scope product range, best in class Sales practices and other areas as prioritised in the Individual Development Plan and Scope Business Strategy.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: UK Thames Valley
Required education: Degree/ RGN
Required experience: Pharma or Medical Devices Sales: 1 year