Delivery of Business & Marketing Objectives
· Responsible for the delivery of pre-set objectives on sales, activity and other metrics to grow the Scope brand and sales within the Optical market
· Effectively positions the Scope Dry Eye Product portfolio for the customers from both a clinical and commercial perspective.
· Utilises marketing collateral effectively and provides feedback to the marketing team
Product Promotion & Sales
· To conduct sales calls with customers in Key Optical Accounts
· To conduct sales presentations to customers in a range of formats.
· To focus all activities and promotional spend on target customers
· To develop and maintain good selling skills using the company adopted model, and to use these skills to maximise usage of Scope promoted products.
· To use promotional materials in an appropriate fashion to support the selling messages for Scope as set out in marketing plans.
· To represent Scope in a professional manner inline with the company standards.
· Uses strong commercial acumen to identify and develop opportunities within Key Accounts
· Partners with customers to develop joint business plans highlighting revenue generating potential for their business
· Applies a range of influencing, persuading and negotiation techniques to secure and maintain the Account
Product & Market Knowledge
· Maintain and develop strong product and therapy area knowledge, for all Scope promoted products and competitors at all times
· Have a detailed understanding of the marketing strategy for those promoted products.
· Uses company systems and processes to be as effective as possible in the role and support the broader effectiveness of Scope
Customer & Account Focus
· Drives account strategy to be adopted in each account.
· Have an input to Key Account identification, and to then tailor all account plans in line with the account strategy adopted for each account.
· Takes personal responsibility for the development of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in Optics.
Business Planning & Time Management
· Production of a Territory Plan on an annual basis whilst receiving guidance and direction from line manager.
· To effectively prioritise and plan activities in advance, and to supply field visit forms to the line manager.
· To manage promotional budget effectively, and to maximise the return on investment by ensuring value for money.
· To respond to requests from both customers, and Scope employees promptly
· To monitor performance versus objectives and update the line manager at an agreed frequency.
· To manage own time effectively, and manage deadlines as appropriate without the need for management support.
· To conduct monthly analysis of sales and activity, including the interrogation of the CRM system (STREAM) to plan effectively.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of the developments in the Optical arena.
· To monitor the activities of competitors and feedback to the line manager and marketing department on a regular basis.
· To liaise effectively with Scope colleagues to maximise commercial effectiveness e.g. UK Optics Team
· To liaise effectively with relevant third-party stakeholders to maximise commercial effectiveness. This will involve joint action planning on a regular basis.
· To proactively seek to share best practice with colleagues to implement best practice.
· To liaise with all Scope employees in a helpful and constructive manner as appropriate.
· To proactively seek feedback from customers,colleagues and management on personal performance, and to act on development areas highlighted by their response.
· To construct a personal development plan with significant guidance from line manager and to take personal accountability for implementing this plan.
· To continuously seek to improve personal skills,knowledge and competencies to improve performance.
· To take part in all company training activities,and to continuously strive to excel.
· To proactively identify personal development needs or areas for improvement in performance and to approach the line manager for support.
Administration & IT Skills
· Maintains the CRM System (STREAM) in a timely and accurate fashion provide detailed information on account and customer activities and insights.
· Understands and uses all Company systems and business processes effectively
· To maintain all company equipment in a good state always.
· To complete all company administration in a timely and accurate fashion.
Education Requirements and Experience
· The jobholder will ideally possess a lifescience, technical or business degree.
· The jobholder will be a pharmaceutical or medical devices sales representative with at least 3 years’ experience. They will ideally have experience in the Optical market.
· Understanding of sales data – skills to interpret sales trends, handle collection, collation and use of data to assist in account and territory analysis/planning
· Understands and interprets substantial clinical information (disease and product) in a way that you will be comfortable interacting with professional customers on a peer to peer like level.
· Competent in using Business Software e.g. CRM system, Expenses, Excel, PowerPoint
· Ability to work autonomously, and be capable of independently generating, prioritising and handling own work
· Able to work in a fast, dynamic, multicultural and matrix structure. Drive, energy, maturity, and ability to work under pressure and deliver results.
· The jobholder will require a full driving licence