Delivery of Business & Marketing Objectives
· Responsible for the delivery of pre-set objectives on sales, activity and other metrics as defined by Scope
Product Promotion& Sales
To conduct sales calls with customers in specialised departments in hospitals and other health care institutions.
· To conduct sales presentations to customers in a range of formats.
· To focus all activities and promotional spend on target customers as defined by Scope.
· To develop and maintain good selling skills using the company adopted model, and to use these skills to maximise usage of Scope promoted products.
· To use promotional materials in an appropriate fashion to support the selling messages for Scope as set out in marketing plans.
· To represent Scope in a professional manner at all times in line with the company standards.
· To address day-to-day issues such as establishing the cost-effectiveness of a meeting without the need for guidance
To liaise effectively with Scope colleagues to maximise commercial effectiveness.
To liaise effectively with relevant third party stakeholders to maximise commercial effectiveness. This will involve joint action planning on a regular basis.
To proactively seek to share best practice with colleagues both in the same area team, and nationally if appropriate, and to implement best practice on own territory.
To liaise with all Scope employees in the same helpful and constructive manner as appropriate.
To take the lead on the above activities if working in partnership with colleagues as needed.
Business Planning& Time Management
Production of a territory action plan on an annual basis whilst receiving some guidance and direction from line manager and colleagues.
· To manage promotional budget effectively, and to maximise the return on investment by ensuring value for money.
· To respond to requests from both customers, and Scope employees promptly.
· To effectively plan activities in advance, and to supply field visit forms to the line manager.
· To monitor promotional budget spend accurately,and to update the line manager at an agreed frequency.
· To monitor performance versus objectives at all times, and to update the line manager at an agreed frequency.
· To take the lead on the above activities when working with colleagues.
· To manage own time effectively and manage deadlines as appropriate without the need for management support.
· To conduct monthly analysis of sales and activity for the territory, including the interrogation of the STREAM system to plan effectively.
Product & Market Knowledge
Maintain and develop strong product and therapy area knowledge, for all Scope promoted products and competitors at all times as well as having a detailed understanding of the marketing strategy for those promoted products.
Customer &Account Focus
· To have a good understanding of the account strategy to be adopted in each account.
· To have an input to the account planning process, and to then tailor all hospital account plans in line with the account strategy adopted for each account.
· Takes personal responsibility for the development of a number of Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs)
Maintain an in depth knowledge of the developing HSE. This would include knowledge of the names and positions of all the key individuals, a detailed knowledge of the HSE and Hospitals environment.
· To monitor the activities of competitors onterritory and feedback on these to the line manager and marketing department on a regular basis.
· To monitor changes in HSE structure, personnel& policy and to feedback on these to the line manager and head office as appropriate.
To proactively seek feedback from customers,colleagues and management on personal performance, and to act on development areas highlighted by their response.
To construct a personal development plan with significant guidance from line manager and to take personal accountability for implementing this plan.
To continuously seek to improve personal skills,knowledge and competencies in order to improve performance.
To take part in all company training activities,and to continuously strive to excel.
To take part in “shadow visits” to show new recruits how a role is performed.
To proactively identify personal development needs or areas for improvement in performance and to approach the line manager for support.
Administration & IT Skills
Maintains the STREAM System in a timely and accurate fashion provide detailed information on account and customer activities and insights.
Understands and uses all Company systems and business processes effectively
To maintain all company equipment in a good state at all times
To complete all company administration in a timely and accurate fashion
Educational Requirement and Experience
The jobholder will have a 3rd level qualification.
The jobholder will be an experienced hospital representative with at least 5 years relevant experience.
Importantly, this individual will have delivered a consistently high performance in this period both in terms of objectives and competencies.
The jobholder will require a full driving licence and should ideally be an experienced and strong user of the Microsoft Office software packages.