Job Title: Business Development Manager - Healthcare (Ireland, Munster Region)
As a BDM you will be expected to build relationships with our targeted Healthcare Professional’s which will include pharmacists, GP’s and specialist hospital departments e.g. Gastroenterology, Maternity, Paediatrics for the Scope Healthcare brands. You will work with the Healthcare Professional in your territory to gain endorsement and recommendations for our products and then you will ensure good supply in the pharmacies.
· Deliver quarterly and annual territory targets in line with national budget expectations for the financial year.
· Focus on sustainable sales growth for territory and region by understanding and working within revenue expectations guidelines.
· Understand customer goals & drivers to build strong and mutually beneficial relationships, positioning Scope as the partner of choice. Build business relationships with relevant key opinion leaders, particularly in Gastroenterology.
· Proactively develop and implement territory plans for sustainable, long term sales success. Review and alter this plan in line with Scope strategy& direction.
· Work effectively with the National Sales Manager, the Sales Team &Marketing Team to maximise business potential.
· Provide training and product trials to customers in support of the Sales cycle and new product launch plans
· Communicate market and competitor information with a focus on sharing potential opportunities with colleagues to maximise business potential. Where appropriate forward customer enquiries to other Scope divisions.
· Develop efficient and effective call / route planning to maximise use of time.
· Effectively use agreed business reporting tools and comply with expected standards: CRM System (STREAM), Expenses (Concur), Car Policy etc.
· Represent Scope in a professional manner on all occasions. To take ownership of local customer complaints and queries, ensuring they are handled in a timely and professional manner.
· To attend meetings, conferences, and exhibitions to (1) promote company image and selected range of products and (2) expand personal knowledge of disease areas and competitors products and strategies.
· Invest in ongoing personal development with a focus on improving and refreshing knowledge of disease areas, the Scope product range, best in class Sales practices and other areas as prioritised in the Individual Development Plan and Scope Business Strategy.
· 3rd Level Qualification in a Science or Business related discipline (preferably)
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Experience
· A proven track record in sales, ideally with experience in 2 of the following: GP, Pharmacy or Hospital setting
· Understanding of nutrition and probiotics a distinct advantage
· Understanding of sales data – skills to interpret sales trends, handle collection, collation and use of data to assist in account and territory analysis/planning
· Has ideally completed selling skills training course and has an ability to practically demonstrate products and their application
· Can quickly assimilate complex information and present ideas in a simple effective way
· Competent PC Skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and using Business Systems e.g.CRM system, expense claims
· Competent in using Business Software e.g. CRM system, expense claims,
· Ability to work autonomously, and be capable of independently generating, prioritising and handling own work
· Has a passion for selling and a strong desire to succeed (Proven sales success track record)
· Is self-motivated with the drive to achieve territory targets.
· Is committed to professional self-development and positively adopts a continuous learning approach and applies learning’s proactively.